Use the following link to join Remind for Math 6...
All students are expected to complete 6 JLab assignments in preparation for the upcoming Math SOL. Please see the "JLab Assignment 2016-2017" file for complete details.
Due Dates are...
JLab #1 by Thursday, April 6
JLab #2 by Friday, April 21
JLab #3 by Friday, April 28
JLab #4 by Friday, May 5
JLab #5 by Friday May 12
JLab #6 by Friday, May 19
Click here to start a JLab.
Wednesday, April 5 - Unit Test on Measurement
***Current Unit of Study***
Objectives 6.9 and 6.10
- make ballpark comparisons between measurements in the U.S. Customary System of measurement and measurements in the metric system. (6.9)
- define pi as the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. (6.10a)
- solve practical problems involving circumference and area of a circle. (6.10b)
-solve practical problems involving area and perimeter. (6.10c)
- describe and determine the volume and surface area of a rectangular prism. (6.10d)
***Past Units of Study***
Equations and Inequalities
Objectives 6.18, 6.19, and 6.20
- solve one-step linear equations in one variable involving whole number coefficients and positive rational solutions. (6.18)
- investigate and recognize the identity properties for addition and multiplication, the multiplicative property of zero, and the inverse property for multiplication. (6.19)
- graph inequalities on a number line. (6.20)
Integers and the Coordinate Plane
Objectives 6.3 and 6.11
- identify and represent integers. (6.3a)
- order and compare integers. (6.3b)
- identify and describe absolute value of integers. (6.3c)
- identify the coordinates of a point in a coordinate plane. (6.11a)
- graph ordered pairs in a coordinate plane. (6.11b)